Warren Anatomical Museum

 

Warren Anatomical Museum

Browse by

 

The Warren Anatomical Museum was created from the original donation of Dr. John Collins Warren's (1778-1856) personal teaching collection. Like many physicians of his day, Dr. Warren collected anatomical and pathological specimens to aid his practice and study. He began collecting materials as early as 1799, and expanded his collection to assist in the teaching of medical students. When Dr. Warren resigned his Harvard professorship in 1847, most of the collection was presented to the school with an endowment of $5,000 to support its preservation.

Individual Collections

Sample Submissions